Saturday, July 19, 2014

Jenny's Two Week Workout Schedule

Here is what I have done in the past two weeks.  I don't have a specific schedule, but I generally workout 6x per week. I need it to improve my mood and my body feels good afterwards. 

When I'm at school, I workout 5-6x per week, but it's extremely spontaneous when I go. I have worked out at 7 am, 10 am, noon, 3 pm and even 8 pm. 

I really enjoy going to Crossfit and highly recommend this kind of workout class to those who are interested. It's actually one of the major things that I look forward to doing when I'm on a break from school. I always leave feeling good that I accomplished a difficult workout, and my mood is a lot better than when I came in. It also helps to workout with a lot of people in the same room. Ever have one of those days when you workout, but you feel so sluggish and tired? Well, going to Crossfit really lifts your energy and motivates you to try harder. It's a race against the clock as well as yourself. I also like getting feedback and corrections on my positioning and strength training from trainers because I never get to lift weights when I'm at school. 

So by looking at this schedule, I don't expect you to match this, but I want to show you that hard work certainly pays off. It's also good to have a few days a week where you are active and do different kinds of activity. Create a calendar and log the days that you would like to be active. 

 A year ago, I could not run a mile with ease, I could not do pushups, I could not use the ab mat to do sit-ups or put my heels together while doing a sit up, I could not do burpees in a row and I could really only use 7 lb dumbbells and a 20 lb barbell. Now, I can run several miles, blast through 100s of sit ups and burpees in a day, and use between 35-55 lbs of weight on my barbells. 

Monday
Tuesday
Wed
Thurs
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Tabata sprinting, burpees, shuttle runs and jumping squats with 100 sit ups
Crossfit
Active warm up and lifting for 15 minutes

WOD:
(Run 200 meters with Medicine Ball
15 box jumps
15 db thrusters)x 5

Ab work
Russian Twists
Sit Ups
Plank

Crossfit
Active Warm up and lifting for 15 minutes

WOD:
15 minutes of
3 clean and jerks
15 burpees
15 wall balls
Left early, so didn’t finish


Tabata sprinting and jogging
Situps with weights

Crossfit
Stretching and Active warm ups

WOD:
(30 cleans
30 jumping pull ups
Run 800 meters) x 3
Off
Crossfit:
Active warm up and pause snatches.

WOD:
400 m medicine ball run with 15 overhead squats Did 2 runs with medicine ball, but then dropped it because it was too heavy
Walked around the lake at a brisk pace(3 miles).

Ran 2 miles
Crossfit:
Active Warm up and 
Shoulder press lifting for 15 minutes

WOD:
30 backsquats
Run 1 mile
30 burpees

Crossfit:
Running and kettle bell warm up
Power and hang cleans

WOD:
Thrusters and jumping pull ups
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
None
Elliptical for 10 minutes
50 bench press
50 butterflies
50 situps
50 seated rows
1 hr of tennis

Example: 2 Week Workout Schedule

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Slow jog around the lake
Pilates
5 sets of
10 burpees
10 sit ups
10 pushups
10 squats
50 jumping jacks

Rest
Walk around the lake

Weight lifting (chest)
20 Russian twists x 3
20 lunges x 3
20 sit ups x 3
Rest
Walking or a sport (tennis, volleyball) 
Elliptical at the gym
Weight lifting (arms)
Tabata: Mountain climbers
Burpees
Sprinting
Jumping Jacks
Sit Ups
Rest
Run 800 m
30 leg raises
30 bicep curls
30 tricep dips
Run 800 m
Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment