Thursday, June 4, 2015

Jenny's NEW Daily Meal Plan


During February, I decided to try to stop using consuming protein shakes or bars. For one thing, it was getting to the point where I was becoming too reliant on them so I needed to stop. They also are expensive. I knew I would not have access to them while I was studying abroad in London. I have been doing this meal plan and it actually has been better. It has helped me feel less hungry and full of energy.

Breakfast: 
  • 3/4- 1 cup of dry oatmeal 
  • 4 ounces of greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 - 1 banana 
  • extra toppings- sometimes I like to add a tablespoon of peanut butter and cocoa powder. It makes great peanut butter cup oatmeal!
OR
  • 2 eggs 
  • 2 whole grain pieces of toast 
  • 1 banana or other fruit
Lunch: (Usually post workout)
  • 6-7 ounces of meat (chicken breast, ground beef, turkey)
  • 1-1 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice, whole grain pasta or two slices of bread 
  • 1 cup of a variety of veggies 
  • 1 apple 
Dinner: 
  • 6-7 ounces of meat (chicken breast, ground beef, turkey)
  • 1 cup of brown rice or sweet potato 
  • 1 cup of veggies 
After dinner snack (optional)- yogurt or fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment